Welcome to angelmanwa.com.au
Angelman Syndrome Association of Western Australia (Inc)
- ASA of WA, supporting, informing and advocating for Angelman Syndrome families.
VISION AND MISSION
- Our mission is to support, inform, educate, network, and advocate for families with a child with Angelman Syndrome
- To establish support systems for people with Angelman Syndrome, their families and other associated people.
- To source, provide and arrange advocacy on behalf of people with Angelman Syndrome, their families and other associated people.
- To gather and disseminate information about Angelman Syndrome and related matters for the benefit of families of people with Angelman Syndrome and other interested organisations and individuals.
- To educate the families of people with Angelman Syndrome, the medical and educational communities, interested organisations and individuals, and the general public about the diagnosis, treatment and management of Angelman Syndrome.
- To schedule, co-ordinate and encourage social functions to engender the networking of families and promote communication, information and knowledge transfer within the Angelman Syndrome community.
- To foster research activities on the diagnosis, treatment, management and prevention of Angelman Syndrome including but not limited to the study of genetic imprinting, hypopigmentation, craniofacial and neuro-anatomic associations, appropriate drug therapy, hyperactivity, sleep disorders, family stress, coping mechanisms and communication options for non-verbal people.
- To raise funds for the promotion and attainment of the above objectives.
Latest NewsAustralian Angelman Syndrome Conference - Sydney October 2013 | Posted On: 19/04/2013
The following gives the information for booking online at the Crown Plaza, Coogee,Sydney the Conference Venue.
... [ read more ]